Friday, November 26, 2010

Wizard


Harry Potter mania is gripping the whole world and i am not left out of that.This because of the epic finale that realised last Friday. J.K.Rowling has put a lot of effort in writing all these books and they are truly awesome. The suspense and the gripping story is so awesome that you just cant put down the book. Hats off to her.

So to add to this Potter mania i wanted to do an ambigram. Harry,Ron, Hermoine would be my probable candidates but I wanted it to stand out. Then I thought of the wizard and here i am with my design. I had thought of this word long back but for some reason i was not able to make it happen. Everything has a time and the time for 'Wizard' is now.

Let me run through the design process of this ambigram. 'D' and 'i' and make a 'w'. But the catch here is that it should not look like and 'm', it should look like 'rD'. So the work was cut out for me. No ready made fonts were useful. But yesterday as i was in the midst of all my office work it struck me. These days i carry my drawing book with me to the office. The 'r' and 'D' were perfectly fitted. It was the turn of 'iza'. Now here z is a natural ambigram so it would be ideal if we keep its design as it is. But somehow 'i' and 'a' were not fitting well. So why no combine 'i' and 'z' to make it an 'A'. This way preserving the 'z'.

Attractiveness was one of the most important factor of this design. The style must be consistent with the word. So i need to draw really curvy stuff and make it an medieval look. I think i have fairly achieved it. Next was the wand thing which made it look more attractive and meaning full. I drew the design traced it and converted it using the combination of GIMP and Inkscape. Fine tools. I browsed through the net and thought of putting sparks at the end of the wand. So thats that..

Let me tell you my friends, if you want to be a perfectionist you have to practice. The old saying is truly correct 'Practice makes man Perfect'

Comments are eagerly eagerly awaited


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be one of the first to say "Awesome". Great consistant style. The IZ to A glyph-flip is nicely done. Keep it up!!!
Clayton Mabey
www.customambigrams.com

Sandeep D said...

WOW!!! that's Friggin amazing man!! u've pulled out a wonder!! u ambigram wizard! ;-) This one looks best of them all!! AWESOME!! :D

Sonia said...

superbly done !!!

Yash said...

Jabardast dude! Loved it! Awesome work! Keep it up..

Prajyot said...

Thanks a lot guys.. :)

John Langdon said...

WIZARD, EVOLUTION and ONLINE show admirable inventiveness and are styled smartly to complement the letter manipulations. Nice work!

Prajyot said...

Thanks a lot..this an honor..

Swapnesh said...

Awesomeness at its best!!! Great work :)

Prajyot said...

Thanks a lot swapnesh..:)

Post a Comment