Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Evolution

Its been a long time since the last post. I have been very busy and didn't have a chance to create the ambigram. The Ambigram.com Ambigram challenges are keeping me in touch with the ambigram designs. These chaellenges are really awesome and it takes huge efforts to make it to the top 5. I have only participated in 1 challenge, not making it to the top 5 but lots to learn. Currently i am working on the new challenge. It has been fascinating to study the work of top ambigram designers via this ambigram challenges. Kudos to Ambigram.com team.

The word evolution was lingering in my mind since many days. I always keep a marker or a pencil with me so that i can try a word anytime it clicks to me. It helps a lot. This is a hand drawn design and then edited on a computer. The design was pretty straight forward. The main hick up here was to show 'v'. 'e' and 'v' can be clubbed to make an 'n'. This particular trick was pretty useful and the design was easily readable. Rest of the design was pretty simple.

The most important thing i wanted from this design was the readability, which i have fairly achieved. Other facet is the attractiveness, i am striving for this very hard. I am studying other designs from ambigramist. Through Ambigram challenges we get to learn a lot. I am also planning to learn typography to get better understanding of the type forms. One thing i have realised perfection is a process, you keep on learning newer things.

Thanks to inkscape and blogger.com.

Comments are highly appreciated.



2 comments:

Sandeep D said...

Dam you are cool!! and your ambigrams Damn Cool! :) :)

Clayton Mabey said...

This is a great design.
Clayton

Post a Comment