Friday, January 1, 2010

The musketeers :- Part I

Its been a long time since i have posted anything on my blog. Actually i didn't have any legitimate design that i could post. I was actually not in the mood of posting :).

Today is 1st January, 1st day of the year 2010. A brand new year with new hopes, aspirations
and a barrage of new opportunities life can offer. We need to grab every possible opportunity that comes our way.

The following series of the 'The musketeers' posts is very special and close to my heart.
So without further adue, let me put forward the first ambigram called 'Athos'.

This design took quite a long time to materialise due to two things, first lack of a PC and second being dubious about the design. I fiddled with this design for quite a long time. Reason being all the letters expect 'H'.I was just not able to make design the letters. I was not coming to concrete design.

But just as i was scribbling on my work desk as i always do, something struck my mind and i was able to make this ambigram. First hurdle to complete this design was the letters 'A' and 's'. As i overcame this hurdle, the next thing on my mind was the letters 'o' and 't'. I have never done these letters look in the same way upside down. I searched a lot on the net but i couldn't get any markers to create it.But then fortune favours the brave, i was able to make the design using some of my innovative techniques.

There is one unique thing about this design. This design has evovled from a single rectangle with rounded edges. I have used a single rectangle to design all the letters of the word. This is really uncanny for me.

I hope you like this design and stay tuned for my next post in this series.
Thanks to inkscape.com.


5 comments:

Yash said...

Dude, whats the word? I am not finding it easy to interpret from the logo..

prajyot said...

its athos.. watch it carefully

Unknown said...

gr8 work :)

n i lykd d description too 4 a change :P

m waitin 4 aramis nw..

it betr b gud :)

Anonymous said...

1st december, 1st day of the year????

wats going on mann...?

Yamini Hundare said...

hey nice one...

Post a Comment