Monday, October 19, 2009

atom : - A smallest particle

I was just wondering about the next theme based ambigram and no word, I repeat no word came to mind. I had announced about the theme based ambigrams in my last post but i soon realised that this was not an easy business.

I had juggled around with two,three words that were saved in my mobile. But i couldn't achieve what i wanted to put forth in front of you guys. After pondering for a long time i fixated on the word 'atom'.

I had saved this word courtesy 'wake up sid'.Now let me clarify what is 'wake up Sid', it is an Indian movie that had released last month. Ranbeer Kapoor starred with Konkanna Sen Sharma in the movie. Ranbeer had wore a t-shirt which had the cartoon character 'atom ant' printed on it. That is how i got this word.

I had no idea of making this word a theme based ambigram. I just completed the design of the word and just put the word atom in google search, and to my surprise i had found some good images that i can use for my design.Almost all the images had orbitals in it. I decided to use the 'orbitals' for my designs.

Let me first clarify what an orbital is.In physics, an orbital is where an atom revolves around the nucleus.

I tried to use the custom images from google but they had some shortcomings that I couldn't overcome. So i decided to make these orbitals myself. I used the circle feature in Inkscape and used the good old linked offset to give the design a different flavour.

The actual design of the ambigram was lot easier and took a very less time to complete. 'atom' - if u look at the design i have used the 'a' and 't' to make a 'm'. I had to make some modifications for the word 'a'. O is a natural ambigram so it was just drag and drop thing and the design was completed in minutes.

The later part ate almost an hour. I had searched for the orbitals but didn't succeed. I created the orbitals my self and added the atoms that you can see in the design.

The design looks pretty Ok. I must admit one thing to you all, i am awful at colour combinations. That's a disheartening yet it is true. But i am trying really hard to overcome this and i hope, i would improve on this front too. So that you guys don't feel that the design is tawdry.

Many thanks to inkscape and blogger.com. People please keep checking out my blog for new posts and your comments are welcome.





4 comments:

ajitdusane said...

This is truly an amazing concept dude ... Good going ... Good job :) ... Keep it up !!!

Yash said...

Cool one bro!

Yamini Hundare said...

Hey i like the way u have designed the word.. and basically the way u have coloured it... The rusty look seems to be good :)

Yash said...

What rubbish have you written dude? Who said you suck in color combinations? I choose to disagree!
(P.S - The proof of this is the colors used in ambigram 'atom')

Post a Comment