Sunday, September 6, 2009

rocK on Reloaded

One more cat out of the my hat.

This time its a reincarnation of the old word but in a completely new look. The word is 'Rock On'
The word itself has rock written all over it.
'rocK on' is really a legendary word for Rockers and Musicians.

I had posted the ambigram of this word like 6 months back. But that time i was in some different mood altogether. Somehow i couldn't give justice to that word. I myself was not content with the design of the ambigram. The previous design looked more amateurish. It was not finished and was pretty unclear.

I had different design in my mind and the design was similar to what it is now. I wanted to give jazzy look to the ambigram as the word itself is jazzy. The words beautifully setup the ambigram to be created in jazzy way.

If you look at the word, it was easy to map the letters 'ocko' to 'okco'. The mapping of 'r' to 'n' was a little tricky and these two letters were actually vital in making the word look jazzy. In a way it was easy to map letter 'o' to a 'o' and the mapping of 'c' and 'k' is also decent. I didn't want to break the mapping of 'o' to 'o' as it gave a different look to the design. So the stage was set for me to use my creativity and create this ambigram.

Here again i used the custom font provided by inkscape. If you look at the letter 'r' and 'n' ,it was easy for me to create the left side of the letter 'n' by using an inverted 'r'. So the real challenge was to show the right side of the letter 'n'. I wanted people to view this right side of letter 'n' to be not connected to 'r' and if inverted, it should look like a 'n' when connected with 'r'. So i used the a symbol from the keyboard to create the letter 'n'. The symbol actually fitted well so as to complete this design.

Again many thanks to the software inkscape without whom it was not possible for me to put forth my art in front of you.

Hope you all like this design.


4 comments:

Harshada Desai said...

uhmazing re..this one is cool too..
but i liked the 'crazy' ambigram like crazy..
its the best.. :)

harshada desai said...

ohh .. n yes btw.. see i helped u improve ur blogspot..now it has got almost all the things it needs in order to call it a blogspot!! thank me ehsaan farahmosh!!
nagging really works!! :P

Sandeep D said...

Nice Work... Well Done dude!

Yash said...

aaaahhh.. coool.. removed the 'circles' finally eeeeh? My suggestion did help improve! ;) :P

Post a Comment