Friday, October 16, 2009

Ring around RinG

In the last blog i had promised you that i would come up with a different concept. Here i am on the eve of diwali which is on of the most vibrant and exiting festival ever.

I will now be creating theme based ambigrams. This is my first attempt for this concept. Hope you all like it.

I have a habit of jotting down words in my mobile notes every time I come across them. This has helped me a lot. Due to this I have got lot many to play with.
For achieving something it is very important that one must be vigilant about that particular thing. Considering my case, i am always on my toes to grab a word irrespective of the place and time. Once i get the word my whole mind process starts in relating the words upside down. This initial thing is of utmost importance to create a design.

RinG, i came across this word when i was in a cinema hall with my friends. I had quickly saved the word in my notes folder.
If you watch carefully i have one more habit, i write the word in my post as the design is. Like in this case i have written the word RinG , R and G are capital because they are capital in the design. This depicts the visualisation that i have made in my mind.

The design is pretty simple. 'R' goes easily with 'G' and 'i' and 'n' are clubbed together. Here i have used two 'u' one straight and the other upside down. The left part of the u has a dot over it to make it a 'i', rest of the part is 'n'.

The thought about placing a ring around the word didn't come to my mind in the first place. This design was originally created in pune, on my sister's laptop.I recreated this design back home and i was just about to fix the design and this thought struck me like a lightning bolt. Why not place a ring around the word so that it would actually explain the word?
I placed a circle around the word and i wanted a ring. Linked offset came to my rescue and created the ring around the word.

The design looks pretty much sober and polished. I always think about the impact of the design on peoples mind.I have always got mixed responses. There are lot many designs that i think are clear and concise, but people don't understand them. The success of the design lies in the end user's interpretation. There is a simple principle, if they understand my design then I succeed in my efforts.

Thanks to inkscape and blogger.com for giving me a pulpit to showcase my art. I would also like to thank people who visit my blog.




I

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi..You are vry talented artist..really liked ur designs..Keep up ur creativity!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You are talented PD!!! ... your artwork is incredible and I am very impressed with your writing style ... :)

GB

Yamini Hundare said...

Hey Jo.. the work done by u is indeed commendable..
but i have a suggestion if the outer ring would have been a part of the word, it would have added more meaning...
Suggestion : if u create a circle around the word with the help of the extended arc of 'G', then the ring will be a part of the word rather than just surrounding the word.

Prajyot said...

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.
Yamini, your suggestions are highly appreciated. i had the same thing in my mind but i was unable to incorporate that ring in the design itself.

Keep posting Your comments and suggestions.

Post a Comment